Sunday 1 April 2007

The Big 3-0

It's been a shockingly long time since the last blog post, but we've got an excuse, honest! For the last 9 days we've been going old-school - no PCs, wi-fi, broadband connections or anything. For God's sake man! - Why? I hear you ask. Because for the last 9 days we've been away on a fabulous holiday to a secret European destination, organised entirely by Rebecca to celebrate my 30th birthday.

She got me to ask for a whole week off work over my birthday, which my legend boss Jim agreed to with no problems. But beyond that she never gave away anything about where we would be going or what we'd be doing. And she even went to the extreme of telling me to pack not only swimming gear, but skiing gloves and beanie too! Deceptive little creature... :-)

Anyway, to give you a little idea of what it was like, I'm not going to tell you where we went. You'll just have to hang on in suspense until the next post. But I promise it won't take as long as this one!

Thanks to all the lovely people who mailed, emailed, phoned and/or text-messaged me birthday greetings and/or gifts, most of which I haven't been able to receive until now. I will be getting back to all of you soon, but thankyou very much in the meantime!

Old Man Johnny.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Happy Birthday ol' man. ;)

'Brush and Bel said...

Not sure if I got your mobile phone number right. I certainly hope so, or someone would be kinda offended with the voicemail that I left behind for you.