Monday 5 February 2007

Job update - Bec's a Star!!

Well it's about time I posted an update on my job situation, as there have been a few developments in the last month. You may recall I landed my first English job with Lloyds TSB just before Christmas, which was certainly cause for celebration. But unfortunately the happy times were short-lived as I soon discovered the role wasn't exactly what it had said on the tin... While there were definite good points about it - really nice, friendly people; good working environment near Bristol harbour, close to shops and restaurants; cheap, good quality cafeteria with all-important coffee corner; and let's not forget the convenient ATMs on site - alas, the work itself bored me to tears, quite literally.

And so, after much deliberating, I decided to opt out of Lloyds and have accepted (and started!) a new job with Star Technology. A much smaller company, based in Gloucester which is just under an hour's drive from us here in Bath. Not exactly close, but then it had been taking upwards of an hour and a half just to get to Bristol what with the crazy traffic, so this is actually an improvement! After a week and one day I'm already enjoying the work a whole lot more, so it looks like I made the right decision. I do miss those coffees though...

No comments: